วันอาทิตย์ที่ 31 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2554

"Sunday on Hong Kong Island's South Shore" Modernnomad67's photos about Hong Kong, China

Preview of Modernnomad67's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: www.travelpod.com This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Hong Kong, China Entry Title: "Sunday on Hong Kong Island's South Shore" Entry: "Then on Sunday morning I decided to do the touristy thing and take a local double-decker bus across Hong Kong Island to Aberdeen for dim sum brunch at Jumbo Floating Restaurant, one of several huge boat restaurants anchored among the yachts and sampans in Aberdeen Harbor and served by water taxis that run continuously from the docks. Dim sum is the one of the best known forms of Cantonese food and typically showcases the delicate, subtle, and refined flavors characteristic of Cantonese cuisine, and I was eager to try a wide variety of the little morsels because I had previously only eaten one dim sum meal in my life (in Vancouver). Fortunately, because Jumbo is such a touristy spot, my waiter was able to remove the veil of mystery of what was moving around on the dim sum carts for me. I thought I'd stay away from the snails, the steamed pig's "huge intestine" with black pepper, and the stewed beef tripe in satay sauce, among other unappetizing-looking dim-sum delicacies and go mostly for things in presented in pretty little packages. I settled on six dishes I thought would give me a good mix of flavors and textures - 1) steamed dumplings filled with pork and jellyfish in shark's fin broth, 2) steamed ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbzRc2GuJTI&hl=en

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น